Thursday, February 3, 2011

Looking towards the future

As I start off another post this week to my blog I decide I need a lesson in Blog/Post naming. It was going to be “The Future” but come on, no A for originality here.

Anyway, today was a good day. I got off school at 11am and drove across town to the University of Washington in Seattle. I got there around 11:30 and decided to get a bite to eat at a local place. So naturally, I pick Jimmy John's subs, but only since it's familiar restaurant in this strange place. I picked a great seat next to the window and for the next 45 minutes, while nibbling on my sandwich, people watched. Everyone seemed more serious here. Not a bunch of smiles and chatter as that of any of the 4 4 community colleges I have gone to. People look serious here, like there are actually here for an education. BINGO! I found a real school environment! I fount it!

I walk around campus for a while and get lost and have to look at the map. Good thing I had a big bag so I could pretend I was looking in my bag. Yes, I care what people think, and don't want them to know I am not part of their group! But I hope to be by the end of the year. I finally find the right classroom and sit around for 30 minutes waiting for “Transfer Thursdays” to begin. They go over the normal transfer information I have read about, however it seemed like everyone in the class had not. Out of the 20 questions they asked the admissions advisor, I could have answered 15 of them. Oh well, shows I research before I attend a important even. I know it!

I now have an hour to kill before my Psychology drop-in advising, so I go to the Library. More specifically the Suzzallo Library. It's been there since 1926. There is a Reading room in this building that houses the most room I've ever seen. I would say it might be a good place to study, however I think I would stare at the windows and ceiling all day... I would say it's reminiscent of Great Hall from Harry Potter. I fill out my Psychology Transfer form to count all my credits. As I fill it out, it makes me feel like I have a relative small amount of accomplishment under my belt with all these classes. I have done it!

During the awesome advising session I learn everything I need to know about getting into the Psychology Major. The senior advisor seemed like the most knowledgeable college advisor I have EVER been to, and that is saying a lot since I have been to 4 community colleges and 1 university! However, after our discussion, it was confirmed that I need a minimum of 2 math classes before getting into UW. Plus 1 if I wanted to be prepared for the Psych major. So, we now have 3 maths, anthropology, philosophy, writing course, foreign language, a diversity course, and 1 credit of English. (1 class is usually 5 credits). I can do it!

Overall I felt very accomplished today and really look forward to my future education! I am so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment